More remote conferences for 2021...thoughts?

It looks like Agile 2021 is going to stay remote this year. What are your thoughts on that? Have you been to a remote conference the past year? What worked well and what didn’t work so well?

1 Like

Remote conferences definitely continue to be the theme for 2021. I attended several of this type of events in the past few years, and I would love to see what else can be leveraged to improve the user experience and engagement.

I’m right there with you! I’ve been to a few in 2020 and I gotta say some of them were like watching paint dry! Is it just me? Anyone else feel that way?

it takes so much more energy by both attendees and presenters to make virtual events successful. It also takes a higher level of focus, I for one struggle with remote events because I’m a father of 3 small children and can’t often set aside half or full days when at home to participate in these sorts of events.

Remote conferences will be the norms moving forward at least for next 1 or 2 years. A lot of people has affected, like the educators, scientists, students, professionals, scholars, and others as a result of the lockdowns across the globe in their respective locations. Remote conference have come to rescue, serving as platforms of learning, spreading of information, networking, raising awareness, and more, without spreading. I have attended few training remotely, initially it was tough and hard to digest. But now it has become part of my life.